Friday, July 12, 2013

Day in the Life - Buzzfeed Style

I try to wake up around 5:15 am, well more like 5:30 am, actually 5:45 am... 

Then I go to the gym ready to look like this 

but I honestly look like this

I get to work around 7:45 am and it's like

So, I create a task list and start knocking things out

But, I usually find out I need help from someone

So I go to my awesome buddy/mentor, Jane, and she's like

After that, it's time to dash to lunch!

And if lunch is free, then it's like 

If some team put leftovers from a catered lunch in the breakroom, then it's like

Throughout the day, I visit other interns. They've made this internship so much better than I expected!

Occasionally, the interns have a speaker session or event and I go in all 

But, if I got really good interaction from the speaker or did really well at the event, I feel

Then it's back to work

Quickly insert a meeting with my supervisor who is always calm and supportive

Then comes the worst feeling of the day: when you finish your afternoon snack and dinner is so far away

But by the end of the day, you feel

And then it's time to go home!

But, last night Dell's University Relations hosted a live karaoke event at the Chicago House and we had a great time! Turns out they recruited some great talent. Check out this video of fellow intern Muchadei Zvoma from Northwestern.



**all GIFs were taken from How Do I Put This Gently? and What Should We Call Me Grad School **

10 comments:

  1. I'm super excited to be likened to one of those minions. I LOVE them.
    This is a really clever way to present this 'day in the life' type content. Funny too!
    -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Great way to look at the day, though probably way more productive than my days...Very clever Sheila!

    I do however think that the guy in the video is overrated ;)

    - Muchadei

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Wasler, UR Leader, shared this with the Dell America's Talent Acquisition Leaders. I am so very pleased...it brightened my day.

    Muchadei, you are The VOICE! :)

    Sheila, thank you for sharing your great prespective, and your experiences during your Dell Internship!

    Cheers!
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post and how you have showcased your day as an intern. Amanda shared it with us and it is amazing. Muchadei is amazing! you are not overtated.
    Have fun!
    Cheers,
    Amanda Spurlock
    Talent Acquisition Mgr in Panama

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative, this is hilarious. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Awesome!! Unique and Original way to show "A Day in The Life" from an intern perspective :) Great Job Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great perspective Sheila! You've worked so hard this summer and your efforts will be felt long after you've gone back to school!
    love your blog...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're great. I love this! And obviously Much is fantastic. Can't believe I missed it. Is there a video of you singing from that night?? I expect that posted this week.

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hysterical. Thank you for your efforts in documenting your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any form of delay generates a risk that interest levels will
    go up super real nevertheless, wall street is complicit
    as well as home builders and banks in creating this issue.

    ReplyDelete